Free shipping over £50
The first step to your glow to stay is to prepare your skin from the inside out.
Here you have a dry brushing and lymphatic massage ritual. Lymph means water in Latin and is the fluid that flows through the lymphatic system. The fluid captures toxins, bacteria and waste bring them to the lymph node where they are destroyed.
Then the fluid drains into the lymph capillaries and returns it to the bloodstream, from there the liver, kidneys and spleen remove the waste from the blood. And then the body passes it out thru bowel movements and skin.
As you can see from this process, in order to help your outer layer to stay healthy, you need to activate the inner. The act of self-care starts by approaching your whole being from a holistic point of view—otherwise its like fixing a car engine by applying polish to the body of the car.
Here are a few steps to get the flow of the glow. The reward after engaging in some lymphatic boosters will be to massage Shimmering Oil all over your body!
- Breathing mindfully into the belly, lungs and back. It will wind you down and help you connect to your mood and body.
- You know the feeling after a long flight, a stressful day or a night out, bloated and dehydrated. The best way to get hydration into your system again is to drink water.
- Eat seeds, leafy greens and low sugar fruits and berries.
- Parsley, coriander and red clover are go-to herbs, make your own herbal teas using birch leaves as a starter.
- Dry brushing the whole body towards the heart and elimination section will do magic. Brushing activates the lymphatic system and gets rid of dead cells. Start from the armpit and continue with light strokes toward the heart. When doing the arms start from the top part and the hands. Brush upwards and then repeat the same movement on the bottom part of the arms. When brushing the back to the middle section (abdominal region) go back to front. For the legs and buttocks move from feet and up, first the front leg and thigh and then repeat on the backside.
- Apply the Body Serum to the abdomen. Starting with light strokes moving clockwise from the ascending colon (right side) and up thru the right side of the stomach, here the transverse colon runs across the abdomen. You move over this part with your hand, all the way to the left side where the descending colon travels down the left abdomen. Light circular movements for 1-2 minutes will do the trick.